How Can Smoke Damage My Kingstown Home After a Fire?
Smoke and Fire Damage Should Be Addressed by Skilled Technicians to Restore Your Kingstown Home
Nobody wants to see their belongings destroyed in a fire, but the damage goes well beyond the flames. After a fire is extinguished, the leftover smoke and soot residue keeps on damaging all surfaces if not treated. SERVPRO has the methods and EPA-registered cleaning products that can power away stubborn soot residue and smoke particles left after a fire in your Kingstown residence.
We feature IICRC-certified technicians capable of handling smoke and fire damage in Kingstown to bring your home back to preloss condition. With our broad range of fire restoration services, we have you covered for smoke, soot, and odor removal.
After a fire, the damage goes further than just burnt or charred items:
• Smoke and ash continue to cause corrosion and damage to various materials within the home
• Smoke odors can linger long after the fire if not appropriately addressed with deodorization methods
• Discoloration begins on walls and other surfaces
• Kitchen appliance finishes start to yellow and discolor
• Smoke can tarnish metal and cause etching on glass surfaces
A common mistake that many homeowners make is trying to deal with fire damaged materials on their own. The toxic residue left after a fire can cause health issues, so it must get handled with care. Expert restoration efforts include the removal of charred debris, the cleanup of remaining moisture from extinguishing the flames, and deodorization to remove foul odors. Some potential hazards from DIY methods include:
• Transfer of soils onto woodwork, walls, and upholstery
• Incorrect cleaning of walls that may compound the soot residue
• Further damage to your carpets or upholstered furnishings
• Injury from using an electrical appliance or electrical outlets in or near the fire-loss zone
• Dangers from using ceiling fixtures, especially if there is moisture from extinguishing the fire
Let SERVPRO of Washington County handle your fire damage restoration needs. Call us when you need us at (401) 315-2337.